Friday, October 24, 2008

BABY JACK HAS ARRIVED!!

He is here, he is perfect, he is healthy and handsome. His mom was a superstar, never missed a beat, she handled herself perfectly. It was a seemingly flawless experience. I didn't pass out, vomit, or run out of the room screaming. Jack was a champion, aside from a small twist, he performed perfectly. Grace, was so perfect, she was so precious, she was so overwhelmed, with everyone in the room, her mother in a hospital bed, and her baby brother waiting to see her, she didn't quite know what to think. She now can't get enough of her, HER, brother. She is very excited to finally be a big sister. She will be awesome at it. She is excited that Jack is big, she hopes that he can play hard like she does.

We want to say thank you to everyone for their support and kind words. They are all heartfelt and appreciated. Jack is lucky to have such a tremendous support group of friends and family.

Seeing as how this was my first birthing experience let me say, I was absolutely blown away by the complexity mixed with compassion and confidence, wonder and astonishment that was encased in the labor and delivery room. There was not one time that i knew what was going on, but their was not one time either, that i felt like things weren't totally in control. The Doctor all but walked into the room and made magic happen. it was a fantastically orchestrated process that was so overwhelmingly over my head i didn't realize it was happening. From the time the Dr. walked into the room, with me under the full belief that we were still in the waiting process, until baby Jack was born, a total of 14 minutes passed. 14 minutes that i couldn't tell you what happened other than baby jack was born, i was completely focused on that and that alone. I felt like if i believed, if i pushed, if i concentrated hard enough, it was going to happen. Of course, I really only held Kerry's hand, teared up, stopped breathing with every push, and literally forgot how to breathe and talk at the same time. But it worked.

4 comments:

Tripp, Natalie, Emma, and Hamp said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! For Baby Jack!! HE is PRECIOUS!! I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to meet him and I know Grace is already the best big sister EVER!! Congratualtions...he is extremely Handsome!!

The Carter's said...

Congratulations!! He's is so sweet, and I hope you guys are all doing well.
You did good Kerry, I gotta give you props - I couldn't believe he was 9 1bs! Both my girls were 6 1bs and change, so I couldn't imagine.....
Hope to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ha! anonymous is kristen....sorry about that....again, congratulations! how wonderful and exciting!!