Friday, December 19, 2008

Proud Mama

I have THE sweetest 5 year old on the planet.

Today was the Christmas party on the BMT unit, and of course I wanted to go see everyone. It was so great to see how well everyone was doing, and celebrate the holidays with them. I have to give credit to all of my patients and their families....they make me want to be a better person, a better nurse. They help me to appreciate the small things, to not take time with my children for granted. I was so honored, and so proud, that I got to share my family with my patients, and my patients with my family.

On to why my baby Grace is so sweet. I told her last night that we were going to the party today. I wanted to prepare her for the fact that a lot of people would not have there hair, and some people may be wearing masks. That could be pretty scary for 5 year old. Well, not my five year old. She had a half day at school today since it was the last day before the holidays. They pretty much played all day. WELL, Grace decided to color and cut out hearts for "mommy's patients" She wanted to do something special since they are "sick". (Unfortunately, dumb ole mom left them at home.) But, she visited and chatted with everyone. Jack was a doll, and got his fair share of loving as well.

I forgot my camera, but I believe some other folks got some pictures, so I will try to share.

Also, sad day....my baby, baby is 8 weeks today, and I have exactly 9 days before I go back to work. I'm stressing.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 weeks old?? Are you kidding me? Glad you had fun at the Christmas party....I hear it was a lot of fun. What a sweet thing Grace did. Hope yall have a great christmas....we have got to get together!!!

Kristy said...

I love both of your sweet babies!!! When can I move to Birmingham???