Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks....

First off, I know my banner is not center, and the picture is old....bear with me. I have NO pictures of the four of us, and I CANNOT CENTER MY PICTURE!! Help, please, someone!

Our Thanksgiving break was wonderful. We checked Grace out of school at lunch on Tuesday and headed to Columbus! We did a lot of hanging out with the family, and visiting a few of our favorite people. Nearly ALL of the Ellis' were in town (minus my sweet Jake and Meagan, Georgia and her babies, and Uncle Bernie). We had a great time visiting with them as well as all of my in-laws. It was a very relaxed Thanksgiving day (considering we had to be in three places). Grace LOVES being around family. She's got a lot of me in her, I'm all about family and traditions.
Most of my family got to meet Jack for the first time....it was wonderful.
These two are one in the same. Grace adores Daniel. That's another trait she got from her mother. I was sure for the longest time that I would marry him (and if we lived in East Tennessee, I probably would have :) ).

I also got some good quality time in with Ben and of course sweet Davie Ann. This is such a sweet picture of them that I couldn't help but share it. They decorated a gingerbread house with Grace, and we enjoyed sharing our love for MadGab with the rest of our family. Of course it will be hard to beat the "Gay twin sled" moment!


Jack got to hang out with Uncle Bud last week a good bit. Little JW really loves big JW!

It is no secret that my daughter is madly in love with Tyson Lee, nor is it that my husband would like for Jack to grow up and be QB1 at an SEC school. But, most importantly, I want my children to grow up with a heart like Tyson's. I won't go on and on....but what an amazing kid.....I hope I am half the mother his is to him.

There are a few other fun things that I did not get pictures of....like our visit with the Carters, and with Kristy and DeAnna. Wes and I have all ready spoken to Jesse and Delene about the arranged marriage between Jack and Abby. That girl is precious! And we LOVE baby Caleigh, even though she is all grown up. Kristy is half of my sanity. She loves my family nearly as mch as they love her. She is my strong person. I want to be like her one day.

Our Christmas decorations are up....but that is a post for another day.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

What a sweet post! I was blinking back tears when I got to the end. I'm sure my students were wondering what was up! LOL.

I think I know how to fix your off-centered picture. Go to the Dashboard and choose the first layout option. I would go look up the name, but I'm too lazy. The instructions should also be on the blog you got the background from because that's how I learned it. :)

Can't wait to get snail mail from you...
Love you!