Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Soccer Star......And the ONLY thing I HATE about Birmingham


I tried to upload a picture of Grace playing soccer the other day, and of course it didn't work, so here it is! Her team is the Yellow Jackets (and as all of you from Columbus would unerstand, it's really hard to cheer for the Yellow Jackets. Definately not something I thought I would ever cheer for.) But, Grace MUST wear her pink socks and pink headband, it's kind of her trademark I guess. She surprises those little boys, and really upsets their dads when she runs all over them. I didn't know that grown men could get so bent out of shape just because my Daughter is running all over their Son. It's so much fun!
I get to work ALL weekend long, so I will miss Grace's game on Saturday, I'm not looking forward to that. But, we do get to wear our team T-shirts to work on Friday so I will obnoxiously be wearing my Power T shirt and orange scrub pants. I know, I have always been, and forever will be , a Mississippi State fan, but I did marry a Tennessee fan. And, I HATE Alabama, so it will be fitting. That is one of the only things I hate about Biormingham.....all the super obnoxious Alabama fans. But, I have been know as, and I quote, an "Obnoxious Alabama Hater!" Yes, someone , who was really, really mad at me, and really, really bent out of shape called me that. It offended me at first, but then I enjoyed knowing that there will be know mistaking me for an Alabama fan, I wear maroon, not crimson.
Ok, I need to be cleaning my home, My best buddy Zach should be dropping my any time now, and I have got to finish laundry day (or week, as it has turned out to be.) And, I have to make an appetizer for work tomorrow. We're having a bachelor/bachelorette party for two of my co-workers. Should be interesting......

No comments: