Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Men......

I really did not think that anyone ever read this, but my husband, brother, and best-friend all filled me in. I was wrong. I have 3 readers. And two of them want to know why I don't write more about them. So, here you go....






I have 5 (soon to be 6) special men in my life, my husband, my father, my brother, my Zach, and my nephew----Jake. They all mean the world to me, and ooutside of my mother, I turn to them for nearly everything. I pray that my son acquires traits from all of them. No, not just their dashing good looks or their large personalities.....but a couple of other things as well.
First off, the one thing all of these men has in common is their love for their family. My dad has ALWAYS put mom and the three of us first. After us comes the rest of his family, and even our friends (they are his and my mom's other children.) Dad always says that he doesn't have any friends because he has all he needs in us. Wes also has an amazing amount of love for his family. I don't alwyas think that they deserve to be treated so well by him, but he will never turn his back on them. I know, and my family can sleep well at night knowing, that Grace, the baby and I will always be first in Wes's life. I tease my brother about not being as important to him as his friends, but I hope he knows that I am only joking. For a 21 year old, his dedication to his family is unbelievable. He tells mom that he's going to live with her forever. Zach may not technically be family, but he is my other brother. He is like the fourth child in our family. He has a great relationship with his family as well, but...we will claim him as our own. Sometimes I think he is my mother's favorite child. I know that no matter how far apart we live, he will always be my very best friend. I can count on him no matter what. And Jake, sweet Jake......he loves his Aunt Kerry. He loves the rest of them too....but we really love each other. There is something special about that little man. He has the ability to make everyone feel like we are the most loved by him. I hope our baby "loves" like these men do.
Another trait I love, and love to hate about these 5 is their passion. They are so passionate about everything they do. Outside of family...which they are all passionate about, they have there own individual passions. If you've ever been to my parent's house, you know my dad is passionate about his garden. and thank goodness too....I had the most beautiful wedding EVER (sorry, no one is ever going to top me there.) Everyone knows Wes is passionate about Tennessee sports. At first I just thought it was football, I've since learned. While sometimes this can make me slightly crazy, it is fun. It's fun to get in to it with him. I really do enjoy football season with him. Ben is passioate about many things, but I think the one that stands out the most to me is babseball. That is who he is. Even though he doesn't play anymore, it still defines him. And there are going to be many lucky parents and kids one day when he starts coaching. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but he loves it. Zach is passionate about traveling and new experiences. I sometimes get jealous because he's not afraid to go anywhere or try anything. One day we're going to Africa. Maybe some kind of missions trip.....I know it would be amazing with him. Jake is passionate about one thing that I am too........food. He loves it!
And my favorite thing about all of them...................

THEY LOVE GRACE!!!!! They actually all love her more than they love me, butI am completely ok with that. They all make her feel as though she is their number one (and she probably is.) She adores each of them as much as I do!
I could go on and on, and probably will some day. But I love these 5. They are my number one men. I can't wait to make it 6! I am very blessed to have each and every one of them . I learn from them, and grow in there experiences. I could not have been born into a more perfect family, or married such an amazing man. I love you all! (Now you all have to leave me comments on here!)

2 comments:

Master of the Universe said...

tell us more about baby Jack Brassfield Farmer!!!!!

Lydia said...

make that 4 readers! i found your blog through the blog circle...maybe even off of facebook?? i enjoyed this post! your family is amazing...i just found pics of meghan and marianna in preschool! i can't believe we've known ya'll that long. crazy! :)

-lydia coffey pierce