Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary.........

...........To me!!!!!!!!! (only about a week and a half late!)

So, we have officially survived a year together, no casualties. It's been an exciting year, we moved to Birmingham, got new jobs, bought a house, were parents to the best soccer player Birmingham has ever seen, got pregnant. That's a lot to live up to this next year! It has all been so much fun, and we have learned so much about each other and from each other. i like to think that we have grown so much as a couple, as a family, and as individuals.
A couple of days after our anniversary, two of our patients passed away, and my co-workers and I had a very interesting conversation.....
We (as in my co-workers and I) have all been blessed to work in an environment that helps us to remember to be thankful for the small things. Life is such a gift, and love a treasure. One of the patients was a middle age man who had never been married, another a young guy who had been married just under a year.Not long before those two losses we lost a patient who had been married for 30 some odd years. Someone asked the question, "Do you think it's harder to lose your significant other early in your marriage, or after you've been married forever?" We decided there is no way one is easier. Living together for as long as you can remember, and not knowing how to function without your other half, or losing someone you are still learning about, still figuring our how you will spend the rest of your lives. Either way, it made me cherish Wesley even more. It was sucha sad week, but such an awesome lesson for me, especially on my anniversary. My work is a blessing to me. I adore my patient's and there is so much to learn from them. And, no, not everyone dies. We celebrate life and living alot on our floor.
Sorry that was so scattered, it's hard to organize my thoughts sometime, especially when it's something that means alot to me.

Wes, I love you, and I am thankful for every moment that I have with you. I am thankful for the family that we have made together. To a million more years together!!

No comments: