Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big News!

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD FOR SPRING BREAK!!!!!!

My parents called the other night and asked if they could give Grace a trip to Disney for her 6th birthday. Of course we said YES!! Grace is so pumped (maybe not as much as Wes and I :) ) but I honestly don't think she has a clue what Disney is and what all it encompasses. We are so excited! Any advice for taking a six year old to Disney is welcome.

In other news, Jack started Mother's Day Out. He goes for a couple of hours two days a week. He seems to be tolerating it well. He's smiling when I drop him off, and smiling when I pick him up. I don't think the little man could get much cuter!

We're trying to plan a birthday party for our almost 6 year old, and everything is so freaking expensive. I need you creative people to help me out on this one. We thought we could rent out the indoor pool at the Y for a reasonable price and have a pool party, but they informed us that would cost us major $$$$. And the jumper places around here are ridiculous. We've talked about having a spend the night party, but I don't know enough mama's. I know I wouldn't be comfortable with Grace spending the night with some stranger. So, I need help. Suggestions please, and in a hurry....her birthday is in 4 weeks!

Night shift is going ok. Actually, work is going really well, it's the trying to rest and eat and all that I can't figure out. I can only sleep for a couple of hours at a time, so I am never really rested. Then, I can't figure out when to eat, and what I'm supposed to eat. But, I feel like I get to see the kiddos more. It's cutting in to mine and Wes's time, so we are working on spending "quality" time together since we don't have the "quantity". Wes has been amazing. He has tried to make it so that I get as much sleep as possible. He has really taken over so many of the household responsibilities. I hope once I can figure out a routine, I can be a better wife to him, you know dinner on the table every night....haha. Seriously though, he is the best. I don't think many dads would be willing to take on the responsibilities that he has in order for me to be able to be home with my babies more often.

Hope everyone is staying warm. We've pulled out all of our fleece.
Have a wonderful remainder of the week!

4 comments:

The Carter's said...

I am SOOOOO jealous! That sounds like so much fun. I have never been to Disney (although Jesse has) so I hope we'll get to plan a trip in a few years (maybe by then we can afford it!!).

Tripp, Natalie, Emma, and Hamp said...

Some ideas for birthday parties include....a dance party (where each guest gets a dance cd to take home as their party favor) I have one if you need it with kids songs.

Another idea is a dress up party where you pull out old clothes and hats and put them in a trunk or basket and let all the girls dress up and play in the clothes...

Another idea is a tea party...

hope this helps!!

suzyQ said...

hey--we're taking jake for his 4th birthday (we only live 2 hours away though) and if you register with disneyparks and go on her birthday, she will get in free! we're going on my big 27th birthday in march since adult tix are twice that of kids--but we can still celebrate jake's (his is 4/8). hope that helps!
suzanne

The Wood Family said...

Congrats on the trip to Disney!!! For Brantley's birthday party when we first moved to Bham we had it at Cahaba Lily Park. I know it is cold- but it might work! Veterans Park in hoover is really nice too! All kids love the park, so it is a cheaper method to a bday party, but all birthdays are expensive by time you get a cake, present, etc! I will be thinking and I will email you back if anything else comes to mind!