Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Have Survived.....

It is all most time to go pick Grace up from her first day of school, and I have not yet had a panic attack. I tried to write a post last night, but for some reason it would not post. So, I'll give you a run down.

Grace and I spent the last day of her being a "little kid" doing girlie things. She got her haircut, and nails painted, and we made cookies for her snack. We read "The Kissing Hand" before bed. (Meagan got this book for us. I'm not sure how I made it through it, but anyone who has a child starting school should read it. Thank you Meagan!) Kristy sent Grace some pink tulips wishing her good luck at school, and Grace was really excited about the bubble wrap! I am so blessed to have people in my life that love our daughter so much.

Wes and I got up this morning and made Grace chocolate chip muffins (her favorite!!), then went to wake her up with the camera and camcorder in hand. ( I will post both, but Wes will have to show me how to do the video, and I have to get the pictures developed.) of course, the outfit I had picked out was not suitable for the first day of school (according to Grace), so we had to pick something else out. She wanted to be able to wear her cool new tennis shoes, so she could not wear the dress I had picked out. She looked so sweet.

We headed to school, and about halfway there, Grace said "Mommy, you ARE going to walk me in, right? I didn't know if they would let us get out so I told her that we would see. When we pulled up she saw other parents, and said "Mommy they got out, so you have to! I don't know which of us was more relieved. I only got to walk her to the front door, and that was the only time I nearly freaked out. When some other lady walked up and told me she would make sure she made it from there. I got a bit teary eyed. But survived.

I went back to help at lunch, and she was having the best time. She ate well, and was happy to see me. (Which of course made my day). She got Mr. Mike as her teacher, and he let me know that everything was going well. Her best friend from camp, Erin, is in her class, and Mr. Mike let them sit next to each other. I got to sit with her for a minute during lunch, and she let me know that Kindergarten was THE BEST.

Thanks Kristy and Sarah for calling and checking on me. i am so lucky to have you both. I can't wait until you have kids and I can do the same for you. Thanks to my family who love us and helped to prepare us for this day. Thank you Wes, you are amazing. THank you for being understanding everytime I have dissolved into tears. You have been very patient with me. You have been the best husband and dad. Kindergarten is going to be a great adventure for all of us! And, in five years, we will be doing it all again!!!!!

2 comments:

Tripp, Natalie, Emma, and Hamp said...

KERRY!!! I am so glad you (and Grace) made it through the first day! Geeez I can't imagine! Leaving Emma at daycare is hard enough! I hope the entire year goes this well!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.